Being an entrepreneur is fulfilling, exciting, time consuming and rewarding. Many of us are up early, go to bed late and dream about our businesses. This next part might come as a surprise to you, especially if you are early on in your business, but delegating specific tasks could actually help you save time and help you make more money.
Here are a few things to consider.
1) Website: A website designer will have the expertise and eye for design and can create your site quickly. This doesn't mean you can't learn (and by all means, it's a great resource to have!) but if you're just starting out or considering a revamp, find a designer you like working with and then let them do it. It will save you countless hours of frustration and confusion. Plus, they will be able to help configure it so that it's easily found in the search engines.
2) Copy: This might be a forgotten task, but once the website is designed, find a copywriter that you love and that catches your vision and allow them to make the site come to life. If you have key words, phrases or even paragraphs, let them know so that they can integrate into your site, blogs and other media that consumers will read. Find someone who is able to connect with what you're trying to convey. It'll be well worth it to find a writer that can produce effective copy, quickly.
3) Social Media: It's a huge deal these days so it's not only important to find excellent social media to post, but you've also got to find time to post it. This can often be a full time job itself so delegating this task will save you tons of time so you can be doing other important things for your business.
4) Accounting: The finances of a company are really important and you want to make sure that it's done right. Working with an accountant is a great way to ensure that you're filing taxes correctly plus they can help you maintain structure within the financial piece to your business.
5) Events: Small business retreats, conferences and other events are crucial aspects to your success. Working with an event planner is not only fun, it's imperative to running a successful event that you'll really enjoy. It'll take a lot of pressure and stress off of you so that you can interact and engage with your audience.
What are other ways you delegate in your business? Have you found it's helpful? We want to hear what you think in the comments below!